How To: Calibrate the PEX Clamp Tool
Enable Performance and Targeting Cookies to view this content. Update your cookie settings to view this content.
The SharkBite PEX clamp tool has a three-handle design allowing for one-hand gripping. This enables you to keep your other hand free to hold a flashlight, ladder or pipe. The tool works with 3/8 - 1 in. size clamps, and when properly calibrated, it eliminates the need to check each fitting ring with a Go/No-Go gauge, which is included with your tool.
Checking Clamp Tool Calibration
Close the handles of your SharkBite clamp tool to the stop point and insert the Go/No-Go gauge into the jaw gap. If the gauge stops at “No-Go,” then your tool is already properly calibrated. If your tool goes beyond “No,” then you must calibrate your tool.
How to Calibrate Your PEX Clamp Tool
- Loosen the adjustment nut with a spanner wrench or screwdriver.
- Insert the “Go” portion of the gauge into the jaws of the tool.
- Turn the adjustment screw counterclockwise until the jaws contact the gauge.
- Remove the gauge from the jaws and tighten the adjustment nut.
- Recheck with the No-Go gauge and perform a test connection.
After this, your SharkBite clamp tool is properly calibrated. Visually inspect the test connection to double-check. If the connection fails, restart the steps for calibration.
Now you’re ready to install. Watch next: How To: Install PEX Crimp Clamp Fittings