SharkBite EvoPEX vs. Brass Push-to-Connect Fittings
- PEX-only. EvoPEX fittings seal on the inside of the pipe, which means they are only compatible with PEX pipe.
- Green indicator. A big advantage for EvoPEX is the green visual indicator that displays on the side of the fitting when the pipe and fitting have been properly and permanently connected.
- Permanent. EvoPEX fittings cannot be removed after the connection is made.
- Underground burial. EvoPEX polymer fittings may be buried without silicone wrap. However, any EvoPEX fittings with brass components must be wrapped before burial to protect from soil contaminants and to maintain the SharkBite warranty.
- Versatility. Brass push-to-connect fittings seal on the outside of the pipe, which means they are good for any repair or remodel project as well as for transitioning from one pipe material to another. They can connect PEX, copper, CPVC and HDPE pipe types. There are also fittings for PVC and polybutylene pipe.
- Depth gauge. You’ll need a depth gauge to ensure that the brass push-to-connect fitting is installed to the proper depth past the seal. Because the fitting seals outside the pipe, be sure it’s free from scratches or debris.
- Removable. SharkBite brass push-to-connect fittings are approved for permanent installations. However, if you wish to change your installation for any reason, they can be removed using a SharkBite disconnect clip or disconnect tongs. SharkBite fittings may be re-used. However, any fitting removed repeatedly must not be used for a permanent installation.
- Underground burial. All SharkBite brass push-to-connect fittings are certified for underground use, but they must be wrapped in silicone wrap to protect the fitting from soil contaminants.
With SharkBite, you can be sure you’re choosing the product that’s right for your next job, whether a new installation or a repair. You’ll increase job site efficiency while providing leak-free protection and peace of mind to your customers.