Push-to-Connect Polybutylene Transition Coupling
Transition from polybutylene pipe to PEX, copper, CPVC, PE-RT or HDPE pipe.
Fitting has color-coordinated collars on each end to identify which side goes with which pipe - the gray collar end is compatible with polybutylene pipe and the tan collar end is compatible with PEX, copper, CPVC, PE-RT and SDR-9 HDPE pipe.
Features and benefits:
- Innovative push-to-connect design makes for quick and easy installation.
- No special tools, crimping, glue or soldering required.
- Faster install time and ideal for working it tight spaces.
- Can be installed in wet lines.
- Approved for underground and behind-the-wall applications with no access panels (wrapping required when burying underground).
- Remove using a Disconnect Clip or Disconnect Tongs (both sold separately).
- Rated for 200 psi and 200°F (93°C).
- 25-year warranty.
|U4008LF||1/2 in. PB x 1/2 in. CTS|
|U4016LF||3/4 in. PB x 3/4 in. CTS|
Approvals & Listings
- NSF/ANSI/CAN 61
- NSF/ANSI/CAN 372
- NSF/ANSI 14
- ASSE 1061
Easily transition from polybutylene pipe to PEX, copper, CPVC, PE-RT or HDPE pipe.
No special tools, crimping, glue or soldering required.
Approved to be used underground and behind walls without access panels.
On the Blog
For This Florida Plumber, Nothing Beats the Thrill of Helping Customers
Second-generation plumber Brittany DeRosa shares her path to plumbing.
HBI’s Pedro Bruno Helps ‘Build Plumbers’ as an Instructor
An HBI instructor shares his journey to becoming a plumber and why he chose to transition to teaching.
Introducing SharkBite Max™
Explore the next generation of SharkBite® brass push-to-connect fittings and how they're different than the 1st generation.