How To: Install a SharkBite Outdoor Hose Bibb or Sillcock
Enable Performance and Targeting Cookies to view this content. Update your cookie settings to view this content.
Installing a new hose bibb or need to replace an existing frost free sillcock? SharkBite offers a range of hose bibbs, garden valves and frost free sillcocks for new or replacement installations. No special tools, crimping, glue or soldering required.
Prepare the Pipe
- Cut the pipe as cleanly and squarely as possible, ensuring it is free of scratches and debris.
- Be sure to remove any sharp edges or burrs if you are handling copper pipe.
- Measure and mark the insertion depth on your pipe using the SharkBite deburr & gauge tool. You can find the insertion depth chart here.
To Install a SharkBite Garden Valve
- Connect your pipe to the valve by pushing the valve to the insertion mark you just made on the pipe.
- Attach the valve to a post or wall using the mounting bracket.
To Install a SharkBite Hose Bibb or Frost Free Sillcock
- Push a piece of PEX, copper or CPVC pipe into the SharkBite fitting.
- Make sure the pipe is long enough to penetrate the foundation and/or wall, and include excess length for the connection.
- Insert the pipe attached to the hose bibb through the opening in the wall from the outside, then connect your pipe to the water supply line.
- Secure your faucet flange to the wall using two fasteners, ensuring the outlet spout is pointed downward.
- Turn on your water and check the connection.