Max Brass Push Polybutylene Adapter
SharkBite Max polybutylene adapters are the fastest way to transition between polybutylene pipe and PEX, copper, CPVC, PE-RT or SDR-9 HDPE pipe.
Each polybutylene transition coupling has color-coordinated collars on each end to identify which side goes with which pipe - the gray collar end is compatible with polybutylene pipe and the tan collar end is compatible with PEX, copper, CPVC, PE-RT and HDPE SDR-9 pipe. No special tools, crimping, soldering or glue required.
- Innovative push-to-connect design makes for quick and easy installation.
- Fastest way to connect PEX, copper, CPVC, PE-RT or HDPE SDR-9 pipe.*
- Half the insertion force compared to SharkBite 1st Generation fittings.**
- Can be installed on wet lines and pressure tested immediately.
- Stainless steel retainer adds strength and durability.
- High-performance DZR lead-free brass body.
- Can be rotated after installation.
- No tube liner required for PEX.
- Rated to 200°F and 250 psi.
- 25-year warranty when properly installed on PEX, copper, CPVC and PE-RT.
- 5-year warranty when properly installed with HDPE SDR-9.
- Patented technology.
- Can be easily removed using a disconnect clip, disconnect tongs or pro disconnect tool.
*SharkBite push-to-connect fittings are the fastest when compared to other conventional plumbing methods.
**Comparison relates to 1st generation SharkBite push-to-connect products.
|UR4008||1/2 in. PB x 1/2 in. CTS||DZR Brass|
- Behind-the-wall with no access panels
- Underground when wrapped in silicone tape
- Polybutylene repipe
- Replacing polybutylene with PEX
- Polybutylene plumbing repair
- Polybutylene pipe leaks
Approvals & Listings
- Third-party listed, compliant with applicable U.S. and Canadian plumbing codes
- ASSE 1061
- CSA B125.3
- NSF/ANSI 14
- NSF/ANSI/CAN 61
- NSF/ANSI/CAN 372
- ASTM E84
- CAN/ULC S102.2
- UL 263
- ASTM E119
- CAN/ULC S101