Thermal Expansion Relief Valve
SharkBite's Thermal Expansion Relief Valve eliminates the need for an expansion tank, shut-off valve and fitting. Features a pressure-only safety relief valve designed to protect hot water supply systems where high pressure conditions are likely to occur as a result of thermal expansion.
Features and benefits:
- Compatible with PEX, copper, CPVC, PE-RT and SDR-9 HDPE pipe.
- Can be installed in wet lines.
- Can be rotated for easier installation.
- No special tools, crimping, glue or soldering is needed.
- Ideal for working in tight spaces.
- Remove using a Disconnect Clip or Disconnect Tongs (both sold separately).
- 1/2 in. outlet drains at 125 PSI. Rated for 200 psi and 200°F (93°C).
- 5-year warranty.
|25704LF||3/4 in. x 3/4 in. x 1/2 in. Outlet|
Approvals & Listings
- IAPMO/ANSI Z1157
- CSA B125.3
- NSF/ANSI/CAN 61
- NSF/ANSI/CAN 372
How To: Install a SharkBite Thermal Expansion Relief Valve
Watch how to install a thermal expansion relief valve to replace a water heater expansion tank.Learn More
Replaces an expansion tank, shut-off valve and fitting.
Compatible with PEX, copper, CPVC, PE-RT and HDPE pipe.
Faster install time and ease of use reduces risk of errors.
On the Blog
HBI’s Pedro Bruno Helps ‘Build Plumbers’ as an Instructor
An HBI instructor shares his journey to becoming a plumber and why he chose to transition to teaching.
Introducing SharkBite Max™
Explore the next generation of SharkBite® brass push-to-connect fittings and how they're different than the 1st generation.
See What’s Inside a SharkBite Max™ Fitting
What's new about the SharkBite Max design? Look inside the fitting to see.