The SharkBite Fire Protection system is designed for behind-the-wall plumbing applications in multipurpose water systems for residential occupancies, serving both domestic water lines and fire protection water systems.
Use of SharkBite Fire Fittings in a multi-purpose system means the system does not require check valves, backflow devices or annual inspections, ultimately saving time, money and labor on fire water system installation and maintenance. SharkBite Fire Fittings are the fastest to install, regardless of weather conditions.
The SharkBite Fire Protection system consists of two components, and should be installed together as a full system to meet UL 1821 Thermoplastic Pipe and Fittings for Fire Protection Services standards:
- SHARKBITE FIRE FITTINGS: Range spans couplings, elbows, tees and adapte- s available in both push-fit and PEX/Barb connection configurations.
- SHARKBITE PEX TUBING without oxygen barrier: A cross-linked polyethylene tubing that is flexible, easy to install and low maintenance. PEX tubing is designed to resist corrosion and scale buildup, which improves the overall performance of domestic water lines and fire protection water systems.
SHARKBITE FIRE FITTINGS FEATURES:
- All fittings are made of LEAD FREE, DZR Brass
- High quality EPDM O-ring
- 316 stainless grab teeth
- Certified to 200 psi and 200
- Integral tube liner for PEX installations
- Connects to PEX pipe only
- Design certified and agency listed: SharkBite? Fire Fittings have been design certified and listed to UL 1821 Thermostatic Pipe and Fittings for Fire Protection Services. These services include NFPA 13D (One- and Two-family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes). The SharkBite Fire Fittings are listed with IAPMO and certified for potable water and multipurpose fire systems. In addition, SharkBite Fire Fittings have been certified as a manufactured joint without access panels, meeting UPC requirements. Please consult with local codes concerning specific applications. The SharkBite PEX tubing without oxygen barrier is approved for all model codes in the US for use in potable, hydronic, and sprinkler systems and is certified to the following standards: ASTM F876, ASTM F 877, CSA B137.5, AWWA C904 and UL 1821.
Note: SharkBite Fire Fittings are not approved for use with chrome-plated pipes.
- 3/4" PEX X 1/2" FNPT Left
- 3/4" PEX X 1/2" FNPT Right
- 1" PEX X 1/2" FNPT Left
- 1" PEX X 1/2" FNPT Right